Pro Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1 – Ebony Fingerboard – Purple Mirror
One of the most influential and respected players in the world, Marty Friedman’s impactful and game-changing contributions to heavy metal and guitar in general continue to inspire generations of musicians and music fans to this day. He defined modern guitar playing with Jason Becker in Cacophony, was a key element in the wildly successful rise of thrash pioneers Megadeth, and with his “Marty-esque” improvisations and exotic fusion of Eastern and Western music, has achieved global success as a solo artist.
Jackson® continues our longstanding relationship with Friedman by collaborating with the virtuoso on the Pro Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1.
This 24.75”-scale signature model is loaded with great features to match the demanding needs of an elite and intricate player like Friedman — but at an affordable price.
Friedman’s signature MF-1 features a resonant mahogany with a striking cracked mirror top. A mahogany set-neck features a scarf joint and graphite-reinforcement rods to protect against environmental depredations. A 12”-radius bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays is an ideal playing surface for swift licks or articulate chord work.
Marty Friedman dual passive EMG® MF signature humbucking pickups deliver a sound that sings and screams. This axe is also equipped with two volume and two tone controls as well as a three-way pickup toggle switch to wrangle all of the subtle nuances out of your guitar tone. The Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece and die-cast locking tuners creates improved intonation and enhanced sustain.
Never fear being upstaged with the all-new cracked Purple Mirror finish, complete with 3-ply white/abalone/white body binding, all-black hardware and reverse Jackson 3×3 (3 over, 3 under) AT-1 black headstock.
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 2021
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss Black
- Pickguard: None
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24.75″ (629 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″ (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.86 mm)
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® MF Signature
- Neck Pickup: EMG® MF Signature
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson® TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Jackson® Monarkh 6/7 Gator Hardshell (p/n 299-6665-100); Optional Soloist™/Dinky™ Gig Bag (p/n 299-1512-106)
Condition: Brand new, in original box, with full warranty.