The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
There are three principles behind the Ibanez Prestige line: Precision, Performance, and Playability. Prestige combines high-tech manufacturing techniques with old-world Japanese craftsmanship, in order to achieve true innovation in design and construction. The series incorporates ideas and suggestions from musicians from around the world as the cornerstones of the Prestige production process.
• Super Wizard HP 5pc Maple/Walnut neck – The Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides extra-smooth playing.
• Birdseye Maple fretboard – Birdseye Maple has a unique wood grain and features a well-balanced tonal character from low to high end.
• Jumbo frets – Jumbo frets contribute to smooth playability, especially for single-note playing.
• Ash body – The Ash body wood imbues this bass guitar with an exotic appearance and delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
• DiMarzio Air Norton / The Tone Zone pickups – A pair of high-output DiMarzio Air Norton and The Tone Zone pickups provides a huge sound with a broad dynamic range.
• Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads – The Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
• Gibraltar Standard II bridge – The Gibraltar Standard II is a simple fixed bridge designed provide optimal transfer of each string’s vibration and its smooth surface maximizes playing comfort.
• Hardshell case included – Ibanez Hardshell case gives you extreme protects for your be-loved instrument.
neck type: Super Wizard HP5pc Maple/Walnut neck
top/back/body: Ash body
fretboard: Bound Birdseye MapleBlack dot inlay
fret: Jumbo frets
bridge: Gibraltar Standard II bridge
string space: 10.8mm
neck pickup: DiMarzio Air Norton (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
bridge pickup: DiMarzio The Tone Zone (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
string gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
nut: Graph Tech nut
hardware colour: Cosmo black