FLATV S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple neck – The FLATV neck features a ’Soft V’ neck grip shape that blends the charm of a classic neck shape with a modern feel. This enables the neck to feel both substantial and comfortable to the player. The S-TECH Roasted Maple neck is constructed with 1 piece, and is the perfect combination of form and function.
S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple fretboard – The S-TECH special roasted treatment provides a superior attack, a well-balanced tone and a rich sustain. In order to achieve supreme neck grip comfort, the fretboard edge is finished with a smooth curve.
Seymour Duncan® FLAT5™ pickups – Josh’s signature pickup set from Seymour Duncan feature a vintage style neck pickup with slightly increased output to adhere to Josh’s exacting tonal specifications, paired with a bridge pickup that is constructed with a mix of different types of Alnico magnets to best match the tone that Josh has relied on for years, and is able to capture guitar sounds that are both bright and fat.
Gotoh® machine heads – Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
Gotoh® F1803 bridge – The Gotoh® F1803 bridge improves sustain and tuning stability.
Gotoh®/Ibanez co-designed “In-Tune” saddles – These saddles are equipped with grooves which actively prevent each string from slipping to the side.
The saddles also feature rounded edges and deeper grooves on 1st and 6th strings, which means much less saddle tilting is required to adjust the string height, and equal string spacing is more easily achieved. Additionally, the saddles are designed with pre-calculated “intonation points” where the string touches the saddle, allowing each string to have and maintain precise intonation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings. The saddles themselves are made of titanium for maximum tonal clarity.
Control plate specially designed for AZS series – This control plate is curved for easier access to all the knobs and switches, without sacrificing its traditional appearance.
Special Control knobs for FLATV – Specially designed control knobs allow that feature extra knurl for more responsive control.
Slab body – A non-contoured ‘slab’ style AZS body, allowing for a classic look and feel.
FLATV joint heel – This neck joint and heel offer a feel that is reminiscent of the golden era of guitar design, with the four-bolt metal neck plate adding extra strength and stability.
Luminlay side dot inlays – The Luminlay side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
Condition: This is a brand new Josh Smith Signature FLATV1. It comes equipped with our Pro-Tech setup and Ibanez’s warranty. Drop Dee Guitars is an authorized dealer of Ibanez Guitars.
Pro-Tech Setup: Our Pro-Tech setup makes your guitar ready to rock straight out of the box. Here’s how..
- Make any adjustments so the neck is straight to avoid any fret buzzing and for comfort
- Check the nut and nut slots for any adjustments/filing to prevent any tuning issues, as well as for comfort at the lower frets
- Make any adjustments to the bridge/tremolo system so it’s in the proper position for tuning stability
- Set the action to a height that feels comfortable for each guitar
Set the intonation so you’re in tune everywhere on the neck
All of these steps will make your brand new guitar feel as comfortable as ever and ready to play straight out of the box!
- Neck Type: FLATV/S-TECH WOOD 1pc Roasted Maple neck
- Top/Back/Body: Ash body
- Fretboard: S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple fretboard/Black dot inlay
- Frets: Medium frets/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Number of Frets: 21
- Bridge: Gotoh® F1803 bridge
- String Space: 10.5mm
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® FLAT5™ (S) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® FLAT5™ (S) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Factory Tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- Strings: D’Addario® EXL110
- String Gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- Nut: Bone nut
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Scale Length: 648mm/25.5″
- Nut Width: 42mm
- 21F Width: 56mm
- 1F Thickness: 22mm
- 12F Thickness: 24.5mm
- Fretboard Radius: 250mmR
- Case: Hardshell case included
- Tuning Keys: Gotoh® machine heads
- Side Dots: Luminlay side dots