Maple neck – The Maple neck provides stability and bright tonal character.
Rosewood fretboard – Rosewood fretboard provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
Alder body – The Alder body delivers a well-balanced bright tone, enriched resonance and sustain.
DiMarzio® Satch Track™ / FRED® pickups – The DiMarzio® Satch Track™ is Joe’s first single-coil size signature pickup. Combined with FRED®, they offer focused sound and great versatility.
Gotoh® machine heads – Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
Edge tremolo – The masterpiece Edge bridge offers exceptional tuning stability, precise intonation adjustment, and playing comfort.
High-Pass filter on volume control – A high pass filter on the volume pot maintains highs at low volumes.
Coil-tap switch on tone control (push/pull) – The push/pull coil tap adds sound and tonal variations for pickups.
Ultralite Tremolo Arm™ included – The Ultralite Tremolo Arm™ achieved a significant reduction in weight by utilizing Carbon Graphite for the grip, resulting in less interaction with strings and more sensitive control of the tremolo arm movement.
Condition: This is a brand new Joe Satriani Signature JS2GD. It comes equipped with our Pro-Tech setup and Ibanez’s warranty. Drop Dee Guitars is an authorized dealer of Ibanez Guitars.
Pro-Tech Setup: Our Pro-Tech setup makes your guitar ready to rock straight out of the box. Here’s how..
- Make any adjustments so the neck is straight to avoid any fret buzzing and for comfort
- Check the nut and nut slots for any adjustments/filing to prevent any tuning issues, as well as for comfort at the lower frets
- Make any adjustments to the bridge/tremolo system so it’s in the proper position for tuning stability
- Set the action to a height that feels comfortable for each guitar
- Set the intonation so you’re in tune everywhere on the neck
All of these steps will make your brand new guitar feel as comfortable as ever and ready to play straight out of the box!
- Neck Type: JS/1pc Maple neck
- Top/Back/Body: Alder body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard/Mother of Pearl dot inlay
- Frets: Jescar EVOgold™ frets/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Number of Frets: 22
- Bridge: Edge tremolo bridge
- String Space: 10.8mm
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® Satch Track™ (H) neck pickup
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio® Satch Track™ (H) middle pickup
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® FRED® (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Factory Tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- Strings: D’Addario® EXL120
- String Gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Nut: Locking nut
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Scale: 648mm/25.5″
- Nut Width: 42.8mm
- 21F Width: 56.4mm
- 1F Thickness: 20mm
- 12F Thickness: 22.3mm
- Fretboard Radius: 250mmR
- Electronics: Hi-pass filter on volume control (push/pull), Coil-tap switch on tone control (push/pull), On-off switches for each pickup
- Tuners: Gotoh® machine heads
- Case: Hardshell case included
- IMPORTANT: To honor the world-renowned Joe Satriani Signature Series, the Ibanez R&D team worked closely with Joe to develop a finish that was worthy of Joe’s approval. Each and every JS2GD will have passed stringent Ibanez quality control standards, however due to the unique nature of this striking finish, some minor imperfections may be expected, are considered normal.