Ibanez ASV100DG-BKL-12-01 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar
This guitar is a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster. I am not the original owner. Most of the original hardware has been upgraded. The wiring has been completely upgraded and is much quieter than when I purchased it. Frets have a lot of life left – I’d say 8/10. The inlays are really stunning. There is some foam in the cavities, not sure it actually helps with feedback or anything – easily removable.
This model is meant to look very worn, so most of the wear/dings/dents/chips are there by-design. There is one dent on the top that was not intentional (photographed). The neck has been sanded down a little bit – the finish was a little too thick for me and the guitar already looks road-worn so I figured it wouldn’t stand out much. The case also has an aged/distressed appearance.
I’ve been trying out different semi-hollow and full hollow guitars this year looking for a perfect fit for myself. I purchased a full-hollow Ibanez at the same time and can’t afford to keep both.
Made in China
Includes the original hard case.
Grover Locking tuners – these are kind a weird combo of the original patina/aged tuners and the upgraded Grovers. Looks like chrome to me. The original owner made this upgrade.
Tone Pros LPM02-N Locking BRIDGE TAILPIECE for Nashville Metric Nickel
Neck – Seymour Duncan ’59 SH-1n Bridge – Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 *Nickel covers
Switchcraft Jack Switchcraft Switch CTS Pots – 500k .047uF Orange Drop Caps 22-Ga Shielded External Braid Cloth Covered Wire
Ibanez Artstar Vintage ASV100DG Electric Guitar Features
- Full-sized vintage body is great for blues, jazz, and rockabilly.
- Gently distressed for a broken-in look.
- All-sapele body yields a sound similar to mahogany, only brighter.
- 3-piece mahogany/maple neck has stability to stand the test of time
- Bound ebony fretboard with luxurious acrylic/abalone block inlays.
- Artstar fret edge treatment unlocks better playing comfort.
- Super Grip III knobs provide tactile feedback even under stage conditions.
The best of the Artstar Prestige series at a value: the Ibanez Artstar Vintage ASV100DG guitar!