Now’s your chance to grab one of the best looking and rarest Penguins that Gretsch has put out in the last few years. Has never been played beyond initially verifying the pickups/connections worked upon receipt. I had plans to use in our studio but ended up using a different Tele w/Filtertrons, so she’s been resting comfortably since purchased. Stored in the air-conditioned, non-smoking studio room in my house. Someone give her a good home where she’ll get the use she deserves! Comes with stock hardcase shown and all original case candy.
Specs from the Gretsch website:
Clad in a splendid two-tone Smoke Grey/Violet Metallic finish, the G6134TSL-SMG-LTD Limited Edition Penguin™ with Bigsby® offers an exquisite take on the rarest of Gretsch® birds.
The Penguin’s chambered mahogany body with arched maple top captures harmonic richness by letting air resonate between the top and body for livelier and more articulate tone, while a pair of TV Jones® TV Classic pickups beautifully project bright, twangy notes with a hint of growl similar to late-1950s Filter’Trons. The result is an extraordinary voice ideal for distinctive rock ‘n’ roll licks, chiming country rhythms or articulate rockabilly riffs. A three-position toggle switch, two volume pickup controls, master volume and master tone open up endless tonal possibilities.
Its premium features also include a set maple neck, 12” radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, Bigsby B3C tailpiece, arched rocking bar bridge with pinned ebony base, Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines and bone nut.
Richly appointed, this limited edition beauty is decked out with silver sparkle body and neck binding, mother of pearl Neo-Classic™ inlays, jeweled arrow control knobs, nickel hardware, Violet Metallic pickguard with ghosted Gretsch and Penguin logos and Violet metallic headcap.
- Dual TV Jones® TV Classic pickups
- Chambered mahogany body with arched maple top
- Maple set-neck
- 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with mother of pearl Neo-Classic™ inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets
- Master volume, master tone and individual pickup volume controls
- Bigsby® B3C vibrato tailpiece
- Rocking bar bridge with pinned ebony base
- Violet metallic plexi pickguard with ghosted Gretsch® logo and Penguin™ logo
- Jeweled arrow control knobs
- Nickel hardware
- Available in Two-Tone Smoke Grey/Violet Metallic