In Store – G6120T-55, Gretsch, Vintage Select, 1955 Chet Atkins, Bigsby, TV Jones, Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer, New
On Reverb – We can look at buying your guitar/amp (in trade) if it’s listed or you list it on Reverb.
Tony Elder / Steve Jackson
Black Dot Music
Just arrived in store – Available.
Model: 2401357822Colour Western Orange Stain LacquerFingerboard RosewoodAustralia $6,299.00 AU RRP
Co-designed with the guitarist’s guitarist, Chet Atkins, the venerable 6120 is one of the most widely heard Gretsch instruments. The G6120T-55 Vintage Select Edition ’55 Chet Atkins® Hollow Body with Bigsby® stays true to the original design and astounding classic aesthetics. A veritable tonal multi-tool, this hollow body has an easy-playing, comfortable feel and rings out proudly with That Great Gretsch Sound!™
A pair of TV Jones® T-Armond single-coil pickups creates multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail. Traditional Gretsch controls allow you to blend and shape the pickups’ sounds, creating countless tonal variations. Add the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” capacitors and you get incredibly smooth taper and silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets for a memorable playing experience that works with any fret-hand style. A pinned aluminum compensated bridge works with the Bigsby B6GBVF vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the vintage-style polished aluminum nut delivers signature snappy twang.
Designed for pure tone and slick, comfortable playing feel, this guitar features the classic appointments Gretsch fans desire—gold G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, durable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid block inlays with classic Western motif, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Sta-Tite™ tuning machines. A resurrected blast from the past with elegantly refined style and sound, the G6120T-55 Vintage Select Edition ’55 Chet Atkins® Hollow Body with Bigsby® is sure to satisfy any devotee of Gretsch’s golden era.
- GENERALMODEL NUMBER2401357822SERIESProfessional CollectionFAMILYNashville® / G6120 PLATFORMNashville® / G6120COLORWestern Orange Stain Lacquer NUMBER OF STRINGS6ORIENTATIONRight-Hand
- BODYBUILDHollow Body CUTAWAYSingle Cutaway BODY FINISHGloss Nitrocellulose LacquerBODY SHAPENashville® / G6120BODY MATERIALLaminated Flame MapleBRACINGParallel Tone Bars BODY BINDINGAged White with B/I PurflingBODY BACKLaminated MapleBODY TOPLaminated Flame MapleBODY DEPTH2.75″ (7 cm)
- MISCELLANEOUSSTRINGSNickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- NECKNECK MATERIALMapleNECK FINISHGloss Nitrocellulose LacquerNECK SHAPEStandard “U”NECK BINDINGAged WhiteSCALE LENGTH24.6″ (625 mm)FINGERBOARD RADIUS12″ (305 mm)FINGERBOARD MATERIALRosewoodNUMBER OF FRETS22FRET SIZEMedium JumboNUT MATERIALPolished AluminumNUT WIDTH1.6875″ (42.86 mm)POSITION INLAYSAged Pearloid BlocksHEADSTOCKEarly ’50s GretschNECK PLATENA
- HARDWAREBRIDGECompensated Aluminum HARDWARE FINISHGoldTAILPIECEBigsby® B6CBVF Vibrato Tailpiece TUNING MACHINESGrover® V98 Sta-Tite™ Open-BackPICKGUARDGold Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo and Artist Signature Sign Post GraphicCONTROL KNOBSArrow
- ELECTRONICSBRIDGE PICKUPTV Jones® T-Armond™NECK PICKUPTV Jones® T-Armond™CONTROLSVolume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), TonePICKUP SWITCHING3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck PickupPICKUP CONFIGURATIONDynasonic™ / Dynasonic™