This stunning Gretsch G6120DE, featuring a Desert Sunrise finish, is the perfect signature guitar for rock ‘n’ roll icon Duane Eddy. Get your hands on a big hollow-body today!
A Rebel-Rousing Signature Guitar
Often referred to as “The King of Twang”, Duane Eddy had a string of hits through the 1950s and early 1960s, many of which features the incredible tones of his own 1957 Gretsch G6120 archtop.
With the G6120DE you get the look, feel, tone, and style of this classic guitar, with the Bigsby vibrato adding the finishing touches to its unmistakeably authentic feel.
Gretsch G6120DE Duane Eddy Hollow Body Guitar, Desert Sunrise Highlights
- Premium-grade signature guitar for legendary Rock and Roll Hall Of Famer Duane Eddy
- Heavily inspired by Eddy’s original 1957 Gretsch G6120 archtop
- Made in Japan
- Single cutaway, hollow body guitar design
- Laminated Maple body, with a striking “Desert Sunrise” Orange finish
- Highly playable Maple neck with a bound Rosewood fingerboard
- Classic Early ’50s headstock shape and Pearloid Hump Block inlays
- Voiced by two DynaSonic Single Coil pickups
- TUR-ARC “Rocking” bar bridge and Bigsby B6CBDE Vibrato tailpiece
- Includes deluxe fitted hardshell case
For this guitar Gretsch set out to deliver as much of the feel and style of Eddy’s original model as was possible.
Featuring a 3-piece maple neck – with the exact same profile and headstock as the original – and a bound Rosewood fingerboard, this guitar gives you an incredibly smooth feel whatever speed you play at.
For that unmistakeable Duane Eddy twang Gretsch have equipped this guitar with a pair of DynaSonic Single Coil pickups.
Inspired by the late ’40s Gretsch DeArmond Fidelatone single coil – the pickups which defined generations of early rock n’ roll, rockabilly, jazz and more – these awesome pickups deliver a distinct vibe that’s instantly recognisable to anyone familiar with Eddy’s work.
Custom Vibrato Tailpiece
A truly unique addition to the Gretsch G6120DE guitar is the custom Bigsby B6CBDE tailpiece and a Modern Tru-Arc bridge, for a unique vibrato action.
This tailpiece comes complete with a Duane Eddy-style “DE” handle and extra-long string-retainer pins, making those long and subtle pitch bends a breeze.
Gretsch G6120DE Duane Eddy Hollow Body Guitar, Desert Sunrise Specs
- Model Name: G6120DE Duane Eddy Signature Hollow Body with Bigsby, Rosewood Fingerboard, Desert Sunrise, Lacquer
- Model #: 2401264822
- Series: Professional Collection
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Color: Desert Sunrise
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Nashville / G6120
- Neck Material: 2-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 24.6″ (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″ (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium
- String Nut: Polished Brass
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump Block
- Bridge Pickup: DynaSonic
- Neck Pickup: DynaSonic
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Dynasonic / Dynasonic
- Bridge: TRU-ARC Stainless Steel “Rocking” Bar
- Hardware Finish: Chrome/Gold-Plated/Aluminum
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi Pickguard with Black “Duane Eddy” Signature and Neutral Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Case: 099-6411-000 G6241 16″ Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case, Black