Item has been in a this hard shell case since it was purchased. Taken well care of in a smoke free home. Guitar is not in production any more. See below from sweetwater.
Unique mini-humbucker combo delivers massive tonal range
Thanks to a special pair of mini humbuckers, the Gretsch G5655T-CB semi-hollowbody guitar gives you an extra-wide and particularly dynamic range of tone. The Blacktop FilterTron pickup at the bridge delivers the solid punch and twang that has made Electromatic models such a hit among rockabilly and blues guitarists. Conversely, the super-clean Super HiLo’Tron dual-coil pickup at the neck provides you with sparkling highs bolstered with plenty of low-end oomph and clarity. Together, these pickups make the G5655T-CB ideal for anything from gusty rock to glassy jazz tones.
Long spruce center block enhances your tone
You get a lot of tonal bang for your buck with the Gretsch G5655T-CB, thanks to its long spruce center block. Running the full length of the body, the center block allows the otherwise hollowbody to resist resonant-frequency feedback. That means you can rock out louder and with more gain without your amplifier squealing out of control. Spruce is a snappy tonewood, too, and since the center block connects with the bridge, the note definition and clarity on the G5655T-CB are amazing.
Smooth vibrato action, courtesy of a real Bigsby tailpiece
Nothing beats the character and vintage vibe that a real Bigsby tailpiece adds to the G5655T-CB. It’s particularly easy to pull off slow, subtle, and extended bends with the G5655T-CB, thanks to its Bigsby licensed B50 vibrato tailpiece.
Gretsch G5655T-CB Electromatic Center-Block Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Double-cutaway semi-hollowbody electric guitar with classic Gretsch style and extremely broad tone
- Laminated maple top, back, and sides add snap and definition to your sound
- Solid spruce center block provides you with extended sustain
- Blacktop FilterTron humbucker at the bridge provides forceful sound with exceptional punch and twang
- Super HiLo’Tron dual-coil pickup at the neck provides sparkling highs bolstered with solid low end
- Binding on fingerboard adds class, comfort, and distinction
- Bigsby licensed B50 vibrato tailpiece lets you pull off smooth and subtle bends