Gretsch G5422G-12 Electromatic Classic Hollow Body 12-String w/ Gold Hardware – Walnut Stain
Get classic ‘50s & ‘60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
Like a ’60s invasion, the G5422G-12 Electromatic Classic Hollow Body Double-Cut 12-String with Gold Hardware serves up full hollow-body build and the true Filter’Tron voice for that classically lush 12-string chime and jangle. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning.
The G5422G-12 features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups, this hollow build’s voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard.
Other premium features include versatile upgraded controls including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position tone switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-’50s G6120 bound headstock, sealed die-cast tuning machines, Graph Tech NuBone nut, historic pearloid Hump Block inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic bridge and a Gretsch G-cutout tailpiece.
Alive and loud, the G5422G-12 is available in Single Barrel Burst or Walnut Stain finishes with gold hardware and gold pickguard.
It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
• SERIES: Electromatic
• ORIENTATION: Right-Hand
• COLOR: Walnut Stain
• MODEL #: 2516319517
• CASE/GIG BAG: Optional G6298 Gretsch Electromatic Hardshell (p/n 099-6408-000); Optional G2162 Hollow Body Gig Bag (p/n 099-6458-000)
• HEADSTOCK BINDING: White
• NECK MATERIAL: Maple
• NECK FINISH: Gloss
• NECK SHAPE: Classic “C”
• NECK CONSTRUCTION: Set-Neck
• FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 12″ (305 mm)
• FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Laurel
• POSITION INLAYS: Pearloid Hump Block
• SIDE DOTS: Black
• NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
• STRING NUT: Graph Tech NuBone
• NUT WIDTH: 1.77″ (45 mm)
• NUT MATERIAL: Graph Tech NuBone
• BODY: Laminated Maple
• BODY FINISH: Gloss
• BODY SHAPE: Electromatic Hollow Body
• BODY TOP: Arched Laminated Maple
• BODY BINDING: White with B/W/B Purfling
• BODY BACK: Arched Laminated Maple
• BODY STYLE: Gretsch Hollow Body Guitars
• BODY MATERIAL: Laminated Maple
• CUTAWAY: Double Cutaway
• BRACING: Trestle Block
• WAIST: 9.75″ (248 mm)
• SOUND HOLE: F-Holes, Bound
• BRIDGE: Adjusto-Matic with Secured Laurel Base
• BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE: Gretsch G-Cutout Tailpiece
• BRIDGE MOUNTING: Secured
• PICKGUARD: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch and Electromatic Logos
• PICKUP COVERS: Gold
• CONTROL KNOBS: G-Arrow
• HARDWARE FINISH: Gold
• TUNING MACHINES: Die-Cast Sealed
• STRINGS: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
• STRAP BUTTONS: Gretsch Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
• BRIDGE PICKUP: FT-5E Filter’Tron
• NECK PICKUP: FT-5E Filter’Tron
• PICKUP CONFIGURATION: Filter’Tron / Filter’Tron
• CONTROLS: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume with Treble Bleed, Master Tone
• SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup