Excellent condition — no signs of being played! This is hard to find given that it was a Sweetwater exclusive and is unavailable there. It’s hard to distinguish this from the original — looks and sounds! G5420TG Electromatic Hollowbody’s eye-popping finish, hardware, and appointments, you’ll find a serious instrument packed with premium features. These include a bound rosewood fingerboard, vintage-voiced Black Top Filter’Tron pickups, an Adjusto-matic bridge, and a Bigsby tailpiece for the subtle pitch modulation that has become synonymous with Gretsch guitars. Three-way pickup switching, separate volumes, and a master tone control ensure you’ll be able to quickly dial-in the legendary tones the G5420TG hollowbody was built for.
Gretsch uncovered a set of Baldwin-era Filter’Tron pickups with incredible punch and twang — perfect for the G5420TG Electromatic Single-cut. They reverse engineered those special pickups to create the set of “Black Top” Filter’Tron humbucking pickups that you’ll find loaded in this G5420TG. With their robust character and trademark cut, Black Top Filter’Trons keep you ready for everything from rockabilly and country to blues and classic rock. The Gretsch G5420TG even makes a legit jazz box.
The Gretsch G5420TG Electromatic allows you to pull off a lot of tonal tricks. Volume controls for each pickup help you create a perfect balance between warmth, bite, and brilliance when both pickups are engaged. The master tone control lets you fine-tune your sound once you’ve got the pickups dialed in. And of course, you’ll elicit sweet tone from the neck and bridge pickups individually.
Nothing beats the character and vintage vibe that the Bigsby tailpiece adds to the G5420TG Electromatic. Based on the original design created by Paul A. Bigsby, the Bigsby Licensed B60 tailpiece requires next to no effort to use, making it particularly easy to pull off slow, subtle, and extended bends. You’ll be able to bend into notes, give full chords vintage-sounding modulation, and imbue single notes with a character that isn’t attainable with other setups
- Gold hardware on Vintage Orange finish
- 5-Ply maple top, back, and sides add snap and definition to your sound
- Standard U-profile Maple neck; 24.6″ scale length
- Bound, 12″-radius compressed-rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and pearloid neo-classic thumbnail inlays
- Black Top Filter’Tron humbucking neck and bridge pickups
- 3-Position pickup selector toggle; 2 volume controls, master tone
- Bigsby licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with pinned compressed-rosewood base
- Gloss body and neck finish
- 1.6875″ Graph Tech NuBone Nut
- Gold hardware; G-Arrow control knobs