Immaculate Gretsch G5222 solid-body double-cut guitar. Purchased new in March 2021, played at home, never gigged. Very clean, no dings and virtually no signs of use. Sounds great and Broad-Trons have a warm, yet chimey, sound that makes it great fun to play. Very playable “Thin U” neck profile, makes for fast and comfortable playing. Neck regularly lubricated; set up and strung with .09s, with low action – low E at just under 4/64 and high E 2.5/64 at the 12th fret. This is my first Gretsch and I have enjoyed it so much I’m opting for a hollow-body next – Filtertrons are addictive – I don’t need two, though, so that’s why I’m selling it.
Virtually new, better than a lot of B-stock or ‘New/Old’ stock – save some money on a nearly brand-new guitar!
Will be shipped in the original Gretsch packaging, within a shipper box – the CoA and inspection documents, plus truss rod wrench, to be included.
True Jet essence with Broad’Tron might
Gretsch Guitars’ G5220 Electromatic Jet BT single-cut with V-stoptail delivers Broad’Tron power with classic Jet clarity.
Chambered Mahogany Bodies
At the heart of each Electromatic Jet BT is a chambered mahogany body with maple top that produces a rich, present mid-range that accentuates big lows and shimmering highs.
Black Top Broad’Tron Pickups
A pair of Black Top Broad’Tron pickups drive the chambered mahogany body with maple top through thick, aggressive overdrive while maintaining astounding definition and note balance suitable for the most pristine clean tone.
The Electromatic Jet BT is equipped with essential features that give you complete tonal control. The combination of individual pickup volume controls, master tone and master volume with treble bleed circuit provides intuitive global control over your pickup and tone settings.
- Double-cut chambered mahogany body with arched maple top
- Lower set mahogany neck for effortless access and performance
- 12″-radius laurel fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays
- Black Top Broad’Tron pickups
- Anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge, V-stoptail
- Body material: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Upper bout: 10.25″
- Lower bout: 13.46″
- Waist: 8.5″
- Neck material: Mahogany
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Scale length: 24.6″
- Fingerboard material: Laurel
- Number of frets: 22
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Position inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail
- Nut material/width: Synthetic bone, 1.685″
- Neck pickups: Black Top Broad’Tron
- Bridge pickups: Black Top Broad’Tron
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle: position 1. bridge pickup, position 2. bridge and neck pickups, position 3. neck pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (neck pickup), volume 2. (bridge pickup), master volume, master tone
- Control knobs: G-Arrow
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic
- Pickguard: Black plexi pickguard with white Gretsch logo
- Hardware finish: Chrome