The exhilarating G2655T Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. Double-Cut with Bigsby® is designed for three simple things—high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability and spectacular style. A sleek music machine, the G2655T cranks out the hits with updated features while staying true to That Great Gretsch Sound!™ that’s been a vital component of rock ‘n’ roll since its inception.
The secret to the Streamliner’s sound is twofold—the Broad’Tron™ BT-2S humbucking pickup and the spruce center block. Designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection, the high-output Broad’Tron pickup spawns improved definition with tighter bass response for robust lows, pristine highs and a throaty midrange. A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the body, reinforcing the top while eliminating undesired feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages. The Streamliner’s sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout—neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching. Add some shimmer and expression to your playing with the Bigsby®-licensed B50 vibrato tailpiece, while the anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and synthetic bone nut grant astounding tuning stability and accurate, slip-free intonation.
A fast-playing 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with elegant pearloid Big Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound neck with a thin “U”-shaped profile—ideal for chord work or fiery riffing.
All the classic eye-catching style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch is here—vintage-style black control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, slick-looking nickel hardware, three-ply black pickguard and arched laminated maple construction. Easy to play while rocking out thanks to its smaller body, the G2655T is a phenomenal instrument for the modern musician who wants to control the stage and the audience while standing out from the pack.
- Model Name – G2655T Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. with Bigsby®, Broad’Tron™ BT-2S Pickups, Laurel Fingerboard, Phantom Metallic
- Model # – 2806400569
- Series – Streamliner™ Collection
- Country Of Origin – ID
- Color – Phantom Metallic
- Body – Laminated Maple
- Body Finish – Gloss
- Body Shape – Streamliner™ Center Block Jr.
- Neck Material – Nato
- Neck Finish – Gloss
- Neck Shape – Thin “U”
- Scale Length – 24.75″ (629 mm)
- Fingerboard – Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius – 12″ (305 mm)
- Number of Frets – 22
- Frets Size – Medium Jumbo
- String Nut – Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width – 1.6875″ (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays – Pearloid Big Block
- Bridge Pickup – Broad’Tron™ BT-2S
- Middle Pickup – N/A
- Neck Pickup – Broad’Tron™ BT-2S
- Controls – Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching – 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration – HH
- Bridge – Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Hardware Finish – Nickel
- Tuning Machines – Die-Cast
- Pickguard – 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs – Black Vintage-Style
- Strings – Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)