We get a lot of Les Paul’s in, and occasionally one arrives that everyone here gravitates towards – this is one of those. Immediately, we noticed the classic look of course, but it’s really about how it feels and sounds – which is amazing. For those that know the quality of a Gibson Custom Shop and like the feel of a ’58 Les Paul, this is an absolute winner. It was part of Gibson’s Vintage Original Spec series, so it has all of the aspects of an original 1958 Les Paul Standard that players have loved for decades.
The guitar is in excellent condition, especially considering it was built in 2009, which is a great era for Custom Shop Les Paul’s. Everything is original, other than the pickup covers – the previous owner put Throback covers on it. The original covers are included, as well as the pickguard (he had taken it off as soon as he got the guitar). Also, the guitar comes with the original hardshell case, warranty hang tag and Certificate of Authenticity.
It has been vetted and setup by the techs in our repair shop to play perfectly. For more info and specs, please see below. This one should go quick, so grab it before it’s gone!
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson’s legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
The 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue features all the painstaking historic construction methods of the famous ’59 Reissues with a few historically-accurate spec differences that allow it stand on its own. Like the 1958 originals, it has narrow frets which help more of the fingerboard wood to be heard in the tone profile. It also has a round, chunky neck profile for a full feel and maximum bending leverage. And finally it has a beautiful plain maple top; each is unique and full of character. Available in a variety of classic sunburst shades.
- Model: Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul
- Color Iced Tea Burst
- Serial # 891331
- Weight: 9.0 lbs
- Top Material: 2-Piece flame Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Binding Style: 1-Ply Royalite
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75″ / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″ / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687″ / 42.85mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.24″ / 56.89mm
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners: Kluson Single: Line, Single Ring
- Pick Guard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switch Washer: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate