The Gibson SG Standard, famous for its comfortable, fast-action neck, is a perennial favorite among guitarists at Sweetwater. Whether you’re chording down low or soloing up high, the distinctive rounded neck carve always feels just right. The Gibson SG Standard‘s iconic double-horned cutaway gives you free access to the high registers, while its Plek’d fretboard ensures effortless playability. The Gibson SG Standard is a lean, mean rock machine.
What a great guitar, reminiscent of the legendary 1960s classic that powered the first generation of hard rock and heavy metal bands including The Who, Cream, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath.
Condition: Excellent! Great guitar. It’s been gently used. Only marks would be light swirl marks on the pick guard. It includes a Gibson Deluxe leather padded gig bag.
- Comfortable, lightweight mahogany body
- Fast mahogany rounded neck; 24.75-inch scale length
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Plek’d fretboard for effortless playability
- 1.695-inch-wide Graph Tech nut
- Aluminum Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Classic black top hat knobs
- Grover Rotomatic tuners with keystone buttons
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Humbucking pickups: 490R (neck), 490T (bridge)
- 2 volume, 2 tone controls; 3-way toggle selector