This is a Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard PSL R8 Reissue Slow Ice Tea Fade Gloss Finish… PSL stands for “Pre-sold Limited”. So all the woods were hand-picked for this particular instrument. It’s in absolutely mint like new condition with zero play wear. The maple top matches perfectly with beautiful grain… Comes in the Gibson Lifton hard case with everything that comes with them new including the certificate of authenticity… Was only played to make sure it sounds fantastic with nice action and no fret buzz…Just a joy to play. A very good deal on this limited beauty! Dated 2021 but purchased new in 2023 and never used. This is a nice one with perfect weight & excellent tone from crystal clear to serious gain…Some are better then others well this is one of them.
Weight is a nice light 8. 4lb’s
Will pack well in the original Gibson carton and fully insure it.
I will return any item if its not as described only.
The 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue features all the painstaking historic construction methods of the famous ’59 Reissues with a few historically-accurate spec differences that allow it to stand on its own. Like the 1958 originals, it has narrow frets which help more of the fingerboard wood to be heard in the tone profile. It also has a round, chunky neck profile for a full feel and maximum bending leverage. And finally it has a beautiful plain maple top; each is unique and full of character.
Other specifications include:
- Body Shape Les Paul
- Top 2-Piece Plain Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief None
- Finish Nitrocellulose
- Neck Material Solid Mahogany
- Profile Chunky C-Shape but not huge
- Scale Length 24.75″ / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius 12″
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material Nylon
- Nut Width 1.69″ / 42.85mm
- End of Board Width 2.24″ / 56.89mm
- Inlays Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Hardware Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge No-Wire ABR-1
- Saddle Material Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pickguard Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- TrussRod Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip Amber Catalin
- Switchwasher Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate Cover Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers Black Royalite
- Strap Buttons Aluminum
- Mounting Rings M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Pickup Covers Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags
BIO: I’m a Quad disabled guy who just loves buying new guitars even though I can no longer play…. As usual I buy way more than I sell. I enjoy passing on my good finds to others.
PICTURES: All pictures are of the actual item.
CONDITION: MINT. I cannot list as Brand New because I am NOT an authorized dealer. However, I purchased this Brand New from an authorized dealer. It is unplayed and taken out of the case only for pictures. So, you get to save several hundreds of dollars on essentially a new guitar!
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: I strive for 100% customer satisfaction. If you have any issues with your order, please contact me and give me the opportunity to make any issues right with you.
RETURNS: This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging. Buyer pays return shipping.