**This is a pre-order. The estimated ship date is provided by the manufacturer and is subject to change if there are any changes in production and logistics. We will keep you up to date if there are any changes to the estimated ship date with information provided from the manufacturer.
If you prefer not to pay in full, we have the option to put down a non-refundable 10% deposit to reserve the guitar for you. Then just pay the rest when the guitar arrives at our shop and is ready to ship to you!**
While ESP first got started in 1975 as a small repair shop in Tokyo, it was really toward the mid ‘80s when our guitars and basses grabbed the attention of players around the world. The LTD ’87 Series are faithful recreations of this set of instruments from ESP’s 1987 catalog. Based on the original ESP Mirage body shape, the LTD Mirage Deluxe ’87 is a bolt-on shred machine with an alder body and three-piece extra thin U-shaped maple neck. These guitars feature a Floyd Rose 1000 bridge and a pickup set that includes a Seymour TB-6 Duncan Distortion (with original style bobbins and a push-pull control to split the coils) in the bridge and a Hot Rail single coil in the neck position. The TB-6 is a classic Duncan high-output passive humbucker that incorporates a massive ceramic magnet and hot coil windings to deliver powerful but balanced rock and metal tones with rich upper-midrange harmonic content. The Hot Rail is a humbucker in a single coil-sized packed, delivering all the fat, warm, and fluid sounds you need.
Condition: This is a brand new Mirage Deluxe ’87 in Metallic Gold. It comes equipped with our Pro-Tech setup and ESP’s warranty. Drop Dee Guitars is an authorized dealer of ESP Guitars.
Pro-Tech Setup: Our Pro-Tech setup makes your guitar ready to rock straight out of the box. Here’s how:
- Make any adjustments so the neck is straight to avoid any fret buzzing and for comfort
- Make any adjustments to the bridge/tremolo system so it’s in the proper position for tuning stability
- Set the action to a height that feels comfortable for each guitar
- Set the intonation so you’re in tune everywhere on the neck
Check the nut and nut slots for any adjustments/filing to prevent any tuning issues, as well as for comfort at the lower frets
All of these steps will make your brand new guitar feel as comfortable as ever and ready to play straight out of the box!
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Scale: 25.5″
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 3Pc Maple
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 350mm
- Finish: Metallic Gold
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Nut Type: Locking
- Neck Contour: Extra Thin U
- Frets/Type: 22 XJ
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Strap Button: Standard
- Tuners: LTD
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000
- Neck PU: Seymour Duncan Hot Rail *(Pull Tone for Split)
- Bridge PU: Seymour Duncan Distortion *(Pull Tone for Split)
- Electronics Layout: Volume/Tone(Push/Pull)/3-way Switch
- Strings: D’Addario XL120 (.009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042)