In a world of Dirty Lemons, Iced Teas and other faded reissues, Eastman brings back their classic hand-rubbed finish, and gives it their antique varnish treatment.
Based on another iconic ’59, the SB59/v features a solid flame maple top over a 1-piece mahogany body. The instrument features Eastman’s thin, hand-applied Classic antique varnish finish for superior tone, appearance and aging. The neck is solid mahogany with an ebony fretboard and pearl crown inlays— very playable, but with a comfortable heft.
A pair of Lollar Custom Aged Imperial Humbucking pickups gives the SB59/v all the attack, sustain and focused midrange you expect from a maple/mahogany classic. And aged nickel Goth hardware matches the guitar’s well-travelled appearance with dependable, modern functionality.
We’re big fans of the original American favorite, but for the money, these SB59/ models from Eastman are awfully hard to beat. A hardshell case is included.
• Body Top: Solid Flame Maple
• Body Back/Sides: 1 Piece Mahogany
• Binding: Ivoroid, Body (front) and neck
• Finish: Classic Antique Varnish
• Neck Material: One Piece Mahogany
• Fingerboard: Ebony w/ pearl crown inlays; 12″ radius
• Nut: Bone. 1 11/16″
• Scale Length: 24 3/4″
• Pickups: 2 × Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbuckers
• Top Coat Finish: Antique Varnish
• Hardware: Aged Nickel
• Bridge: Goth GE-103B-NI Tune-o-matic-style
• Tuners: Goth SD90
• Knobs: Amber Speed Knobs
• Case: Hardshell Included