Please read entire description before making a purchase (or not) or asking questions. And thanks for looking.
For sale is a Charvel So Cal style 2 in natural finish(swamp ash). The bridge saddles have been replaced with Wilkinson WLS-130 locking saddles for better tuning stability when using the vibrato bar(original parts will be included). The guitar is in excellent playable condition, with all electronics and hardware fully functional. Guitar weight is 7-1/2 lbs.
The original tuners were replaced with Charvel locking, staggered tuners due to the string trees on the headstock causing tuning issues. I did not remove the string trees, just no longer run the strings under them-this along with the locking saddles greatly improved the tuning stability.
The guitar neck is straight and the jumbo frets have minimal wear. The neck profile is a thin C, 0.77″ thick at the first fret, 0.83″ at the twelfth fret. The So Cal/San Dimas style neck has the same thickness as the DK24 necks, just a little more shoulder makes them feel a bit bigger. The guitar is strung with GHS GBXL Boomers .009-.042, with low action.
There are a couple of tiny dents along the front edge of the guitar(see pictures). It hasn’t been abused, but swamp ash is a soft wood and dings easily. Also, there are a couple of small grooves on the back of the neck(7th fret), can’t feel them unless you run your finger over them. And the inevitable shiny spots in the satin finish on the top from picking hand contact.
The Fishman Fluence pickups are very versatile, with two different voices in humbucker mode using the two-way mini toggle switch, and a single coil mode when the Tone knob is pulled up.
Price is $899 with $30 shipping to continental US only. Guitar comes with a new, padded gig bag and will be shipped with whammy bar, original saddles, a spare pickguard(red pearl) and plenty of packing material, double-boxed for protection.
Not interested in trades. Please ask any questions and thanks for looking.
Here’s the specs:
- 25.5” scale length
- Ash So-Cal Style 2 body with scalloped lower back bout
- Sculpted shredder’s cut heel
- Bolt-on caramelized maple neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back
- 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays
- Luminlay® side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Fishman® Fluence® Open Core PRF-COC bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- Three-way blade pickup switch, two-way mini toggle switch (selects voice one or voice two), volume control and tone control with push/pull activation to engage voice three)
- Gotoh® Custom 510 vibrato bridge