MIJ Charvel Pro Mod From 2010 In Ferrari Red. This was part of the first run of the Pro-Mod series before production moved to Mexico. These early MIJ examples are vastly superior to there current counterparts. Aside from a couple of tiny dings this one is super clean. Great playing flamed quarter sawn maple neck with rolled edges – commonly said to be Charvels best necks ever. Ships in hard case.
- Genuine Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo.
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan ’59 SH1N
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB4
- Tuners: Grover Mini Rotomatics
- Scale Length: 25-1/2
- 1-piece Quartersawn Maple Neck (look at the figuring on it!)
- Compound radius (12″-16″)
- 22 jumbo frets.
I do a basic setup on the guitars I sell:
- Clean the entire body
- Clean and oil (rosewood or ebony only) the fretboard
- Polish the frets
- Put on fresh strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9’s
- This is tuned to Drop D
- I set the bridge level with body. Has a small block of wood setting it to dive only. Just knock it off to go full float.
- Set the bridge/string height
- Set the bridge pickup height
- Adjust truss rod if necessary
- I do not stretch the strings, set the intonation, or tighten the 3 lock nuts
- I always loosen the strings for shipping
- Special care is given to protect the headstock
- Guitars I ship without a case get completely bubble wrapped, and then surrounded by padding inside the guitar shipping box.
- I use Fragile stickers and draw arrows on the box so the carrier does not transport upside down.
- I always ship with Reverb’s Safe Shipping option via UPS Ground.
The majority find my setups to be just right, and playable without any professional intervention. This setup may not be to you specifications, however. If it does not feel right to you, please consider a full setup to get the guitar dialed in to your preferences.
Photos are part of the description. Check out my other guitars for sale, and follow me for more to come. Any and all questions please ask. I mostly sell vintage B.C. Rich, Charvels and Jacksons – Please keep this in mind when you discover some random imperfection that I may have missed – Perhaps you will be happier with a new guitar instead. Please see my seller feedback for many customers happy with my setup, communication, packing and shipping skills.