This is a Charvel 750XL model in Trans Cherry sunburst finish.
This model was made famous by the late great Shawn Lane who used this model extensively on his career.
This one is in a very good condition. There are some smaller dings on the body that have been filled and buffed before i got the guitar. You can see most of these in the pictures. Also theres some swirling on the body but its not bad.
The tip of the headstock had chipped off at some point before i got it and it had been glued in place. I did some more filling to it and now its smooth to the touch but you can still see the break from the back side of the headstock.
Frets are still in good condition with barely any wear in them. Neck is straight and truss rod works fine.
Everything on this guitar is original including the pickups that are the J-80C on the bridge and the J-50B onthe neck position. The tremolo has been changed to the Schaller with a big brass block. The schaller is basically the same than the Jackson JT-590 but improved so the threads that hold the saddles screws dont strip so easy.
One thing i have to add that the guitar is on the heavier side being 4.1Kg most of the weight comes from the chonky body made from mahogany. Also it has the shorter 24,75″ scale length.
The guitar comes in a Jackson hardshell case.
More pictures at: imgur.com/a/HjQWi1U
Here are some specs on the guitar.
- Make: Charvel
- Model: 750 XL
- Year: 1989
- Finish: Trans Cherry Sunburst
- Country of origin: Japan
- Serial#: C901414
- Condition: Very Good
- Weight: 4120g
- Body type: Solid body
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top: Figured Flamed Maple
- Binding: none
- Scale lenght: 24,75″
- Neck Joint: Set neck
- Neck wood: Maple
- Finger board: Rosewood
- Finger board radius: 12″-16″ compound
- Neck Profile: slim C
- Neck thickness 1st fret: 20.3mm
- Neck thickness 12th fret: 22.3mm
- Neck width 1st fret: 45.3mm
- Neck width 12th fret: 53.3mm
- Inlays: Pearl Reverse Sharkfin
- Nut width: 43.3mm
- Frets: 24 jumbo
- Pickups: Jackson J-80C bridge and J-50B neck
- Controls: 5way lever and 1 volume 1 tone knob
- Switch: 5way lever
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Schaller tremolo with big brass block
- Tuning machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Knobs: Dome-Style black metal
- Case: Jackson Hardshell case