Rare 1977 Gibson Les Paul “Pro Deluxe” in ebony. An upgraded version of the popular Les Paul Deluxe – that ran from 1976-1982.
A highly collectible 1970’s model – these shared features from both the Les Paul Custom and Les Paul Standard, and at the time were priced above the LP Standard in the Gibson range.
It features plenty of genuine playing wear, in some areas revealing the wood underneath. This guitar has been well used, but not abused. Considering the play wear, there are very few dings and chips to speak of (none serious). There are no breaks or repairs. The ebony finish still retains a nice deep luster, and the guitar presents very well overall. Vintage guitar lovers will appreciate the patina that only comes through decades of playing.
- Made in Kalamazoo, USA
- Black lacquer finish
- Mahogany body with maple cap
- P-90 pickups (instead of the mini-humbuckers carried by the regular Deluxe mode)
- 3-piece maple neck
- Bound ebony fingerboard
- Pearloid trapezoid inlays
- Original Gibson-branded Schaller tuners
- Very good original condition
- All original parts, excluding the stop-tailpiece (replaced many years ago) and strap buttons.
- Original Gibson-branded Schaller tuners (other tuners have been fitted at some point, and small holes can be seen from where those were previously mounted)
- Ebony fretboard and inlays in excellent condition
- Has been re-fretted some time ago with period style ‘low’ frets. Frets have been recently leveled and re-crowned.
- Fingerboard binding in good condition. Very minor chip at 3rd fret, bass side.
- Medium/Slim C profile neck
- Neck is straight and truss rod adjust well.
- Original P90 pickups – Bridge: 8.09k Neck: 7.90k
- All original pots – dated 1977
- 1977 model
- Weight 4.9kg
- Includes non-original hardcase.
Please view the photos carefully as they form an important part of the description in regards to cosmetic condition, modifications, and parts. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like additional photos prior to purchase.