Solidbody Electric Guitar with Okoume Body, Flame Maple Top, 3-pc Maple Neck, Jatoba Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups – Violin Sunburst
It’s a good thing the Ibanez AR420 solidbody electric guitar has a unique look, otherwise you might make assumptions about how it plays and sounds. Part of Ibanez’s Artist Series, the AR420 has a feel and playability that will appeal to a wide range of players of all types, and the versatile tone, combined with quality construction and tonewoods, adds up to a value-packed guitar. You get rich tone, sustain, and a classy look from an okoume body topped with maple, while two Super 58 Custom humbuckers with Tri-sound electronics give the Ibanez AR420 undeniable tonal tenacity.
Rich, vintage tone from okoume and flame maple
The arched flame maple top on the AR420 looks beautiful, and with the gold hardware it puts out a classy vibe. But it also enhances the rich tonality and sustain of the okoume body for a powerful sound that can sound warm and soulful or aggressive and biting when you match it up with the appropriate amplifier.
Sonic flexibility from Tri-sound electronics
Each of the Super 58 Custom humbuckers on the AR420 has a Tri-sound switch, which lets you choose between series, parallel, and coil-tap operation. There’s a lot of tonal territory to cover here, and you’ll love exploring how each configuration sounds through your favorite amplifier.
3-piece neck is ultra-rigid for exceptional performance
Multiply necks are ultra-rigid, which means they help transmit string energy to your guitar’s body faster and better. So the 3-piece maple neck on the AR420 adds clarity and detail to your performance, which balances nicely with the richness and depth of okoume and maple.
Ibanez AR420 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Tonally-versatile guitar with okoume body and figured maple top
- Dual Super 58 Custom humbucking pickups with Alnico magnets have a smooth, wide-ranging output
- Tri-sound electronics for each pickup give you series, parallel, and coil-tap wiring options
- ART-1 bridge and Quik Change Ultra tailpiece were designed for long sustain and tuning stability
- 3-piece maple neck plays fast and smooth, thanks to slim profile and smooth heel
- Sure-Grip control knobs are easy to manipulate while you’re performing