The miracle of volume!
Whether you play chunk rhythm, fingerstyle, bottleneck or anything else, the all-mahogany G9240 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck resonator guitar with deluxe appointments projects its distinctively swampy tone all the way to the back door of any dancehall. Like all fine Gretsch resonator guitars, the vital feature of the G9240 is the Gretsch “Ampli-Sonic™” diaphragm (resonator cone). Hand-spun in Eastern Europe from nearly 99-percent pure aluminum, the Ampli-Sonic diaphragm yields an impressive quality and volume of tone.
- Model Number: 2718013503
- Series: Roots Collection
- Color: 2-Color Sunburst
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Folk & Bluegrass
- Cutaway: Non Cutaway
- Body Finish: Vintage Semi-Gloss
- Body Shape: Resonator
- Body Material: Laminated Mahogany
- Bracing: Internal Sound-Well
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Vintage Semi-Gloss
- Neck Shape: Medium “V”
- Scale Length: 25″ (635 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75″ (400 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Padauk
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75″ (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Headstock: 1930’s Gretsch® 3×3
- Controls: NA
- Bridge: Biscuit – Hard Maple with Ebony/Maple Saddle
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Tailpiece: Weathered Trapeze Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Sta-Tite™ Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: D’Addario® EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Vintage End-Pin
- Other Features: Gretsch® Ampli-Sonic™ Biscuit Resonator Cone; Weathered Poinsettia Cone Cover and Trapeze Tailpiece.
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional G6296 Gretsch® Round Neck Resonator Hardshell (p/n 099-6495-000); Optional G2180 Gig Bag (p/n 099-6481-000)
This is a New B-Stock Guitar with the original box and paperwork. Gretsch is very picky on its product quality, a little discolored tiny spot or blemish or little finish run on the finish of the guitar. A lot of times we can’t even tell what is the difference between these and the A-stock guitars, but despite any blemishes, they sound, feel, and look amazing!
note: The photos above may not be of the exact item you’ll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.