The miracle of volume!
With its mahogany “long-body” design and comfortable “soft V”-shaped neck, this faithful reissue of the 1930s classic sounds and plays like a million bucks. The vital feature of all Gretsch resonator guitars is the Gretsch Ampli-Sonic™ diaphragm (resonator cone), which is hand-spun in Eastern Europe from nearly 99 percent pure aluminum, yielding an impressive quality and volume of tone.
- Model Number: 2715013521
- Series: Roots Collection
- Color: Natural
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Folk & Bluegrass
- Cutaway: Non Cutaway
- Body Finish: Vintage Semi-Gloss
- Body Shape: Resonator
- Body Material: Laminated Mahogany
- Bracing: Internal Sound-Well
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Vintage Semi-Gloss
- Neck Shape: Soft “V”
- Scale Length: 25″ (635 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75″ (400 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Padauk
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75″ (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Headstock: 1930’s Gretsch® 3×3
- Bridge: Spider – Ebony-Tipped Maple
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tailpiece: Weathered Trapeze Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Sta-Tite™ Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: D’Addario® EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Vintage End-Pin
- Other Features: Gretsch Ampli-Sonic™ Spider Resonator Cone and Bridge; Nickel-Plated Poinsettia Design Cover-Plate; 1930s Gretsch Headstock with Aged Pearloid Face.
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional G6296 Gretsch® Round Neck Resonator Hardshell (p/n 099-6495-000); Optional G2180 Gig Bag (p/n 099-6481-000)
This is a New B-Stock Guitar with the original box and paperwork. Gretsch is very picky on its product quality, a little discolored tiny spot or blemish or little finish run on the finish of the guitar. A lot of times we can’t even tell what is the difference between these and the A-stock guitars, but despite any blemishes, they sound, feel, and look amazing!
note: The photos above may not be of the exact item you’ll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.