Immortalized by Santana at Woodstock and smashed onstage by Townshend, the Gibson SG is a rock icon. Gibson’s Nashville-made 1964 SG Standard Reissue VOS with Maestro Vibrola takes you back to the formative years of the legendary solidbody electric guitar, in all its vintage-original-spec glory: two powerful humbuckers, a Maestro Vibrola tailpiece, cellulose trapezoid inlays, and a vintage nitro finish. Handcrafted by Gibson’s elite Custom Shop luthiers, the SG Custom’s fast, comfortable ’64 Medium “C” neck, bound rosewood fingerboard, and Plek’d medium jumbo frets provide an effortless playing experience, while its lightweight, sleekly contoured mahogany body delivers great sustain and no pain, even when you gig all night. And the vintage nitro finish looks and feels stupendous while enhancing the tone of this legendary rock machine. Own your piece of music history: the Gibson SG Custom.
Custombucker pickups deliver pure vintage PAF tone
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to this guitar’s electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Every part of its internal signal path was designed to deliver dead-on 1964 SG tone. Of course, it’s next to impossible to find genuine ’50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, the 1964 SG Standard Reissue VOS sports a pair of Gibson’s Custombucker humbuckers. The Custombucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever.
Medium “C” neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the 1964 SG Standard Reissue VOS. You’ll be delighted at how this guitar’s Medium “C”-profile neck comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the bound Indian rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness, and the frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Vintage Original Sheen finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson Custom’s Vintage Original Sheen finish option comes standard on Custom Shop Historic Reissue models. The VOS finish package includes lightly aged parts that imparts an authentic vintage patina. The nitrocellulose finished it buffed to a light matte appearance, giving a look and feel of a guitar that has been lovingly played and cared for over the years.
- 1-piece lightweight mahogany body, VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, authentic ’64 Medium “C” profile, VOS nitro finish
- Indian rosewood fingerboard, 12″ radius, 22 authentic medium jumbo frets, cellulose nitrate trapezoid inlays
- Plek’d frets for optimized playability
- 2 Custombucker Alnico III unpotted humbucking pickups
- 3-way pickup selector switch
- Bridge and neck volume and tone controls
- 24.75″ scale length, 1.69″ nylon nut
- ABR-1 bridge, Maestro Vibrola tailpiece
- Kluson single-line/double-ring tuners
- Factory strings: Gibson 10–46, standard tuning
- Single-action truss rod, headstock access
- Vintage Original Sheen finish package with light matte nitrocellulose and aged hardware
- Includes hard case and Custom Shop certificate of authenticity
- Quality crafted in USA