1968 Gibson Melody Maker D Player Guitar
A 1968 Melody Maker D that has been modified into a player piece. Sunburst finsih which we believe is original. The guard is a WD custom in parchment tortoise. Tuners had been upgraded to Grovers. Pickups are bridge original in white and a 1965 neck pickup. Slider Switch has been replaced with a three way toggle. Pots have been replaced with CTS 500K and orange drop caps and all cloth wire. Frets are in decent shape and the neck is a deep C. Fun guitar that plays nicely.
– Body: Mahogany
– Neck: Mahogany
– Fretboard: Rosewood, 1 9/16″ nut
– Pickups: 1968 bridge and 1965 neck
– Pots: CTS 500K
– Pickguard: WD custom parchment tortoise
– Knobs: Metal cap barrel. May be replaced but older.
– Bigsby: Probably aftermarket
– Case: Original Gibson chainsaw case
– Weight: 7 lb