Get this mint/like new condition for hundreds off the going price. Plus this one comes with a nice setup, as factory action was pretty high. These guitars are rarely discounted and don’t come up used very often, especially in mint condition. Fantastic build quality, impeccable construction. Recently set up with D’addario EJ16 light gauge strings. Nice low action 2.25mm @ low E 12ft.
I have owned several higher end Made in Japan and Taiwan Yamahas, and this LL-TA is every bit as good, if not better, than those. Quality woods, from Yamaha’s stockpile. Comes in a Yamaha high quality padded, protective light case, that I personally prefer to the hard cases. I have too many guitars, so my loss, your gain. Shipping is with Canada Post/USPS.
Yamaha’s new TransAcoustic guitar recreates the experience of playing in a rich, live room without needing any external amplification or effects – just the guitar itself. This is accomplished using an actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back which vibrates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations of the actuator are then conveyed to the body of the guitar, and to the air in and around the guitar body, generating authentic reverb and chorus sounds from inside the body.
Three simple knobs let you adjust the degree of effect applied and the lineout volume level. Additionally, Yamaha kept the controls small to minimize the area of the holes in the body material, thereby reducing acoustic sound loss.
• Reverb Control (Room / Hall)
• Chorus Control
• TA Switch / Line Out Volume Control
• The body is an all-solid guitar based on the L-series.
• A modified non-scalloped bracing design retains the L series characteristic bright tone while enhancing the low end.
• Treating the tops with Yamaha’s exclusive A.R.E. process gives the instrument a rich, vintage quality tone, making it sound as though you’d been playing it for years, from the very first moment you pick it up.
• The fact that this guitar has been designed with an insistence on sound quality is what allows it to produce effected sounds that feels pure and natural.
• Straighter neck taper and hand-rolled fingerboard edges result in an instrument that can be played for hours without any stress.
• The 5-ply neck design featured in all TransAcoustic Guitars is constructed of rosewood and mahogany plies with a double-action adjustable rod, creating a strong, stable neck that resists warping.
• Newly designed battery box is integrated into the end-pin jack. This requires fewer holes in the body, thus reducing acoustic sound loss. Connect the cable from the jack to a PA or amp to use as an acoustic electric guitar.
Body Shape: Yamaha Original Jumbo
Scale Length: 650mm (25 9/16″)
Body Length: 513mm (20 3/16″)
Total Length: 1046mm (41 3/16″)
Body Width: 415mm (16 5/16″)
Body Depth: 100-125mm (3 15/16″ – 4 15/16″)
Nut Width: 44mm (1 3/4″)
String Spacing*: 11.0mm
Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce A.R.E.
Back Material: Solid Rosewood
Side Material: Solid Rosewood
Neck Material: Mahogany Rosewood 5ply
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Fingerboard Radius: R400mm (23 5/8″)
Bridge Material: Ebony
Nut Material: Urea
Saddle Material: Urea
Bridge Pins: Black ABS with White Dot
Tuners: Die-cast Gold(TM29G)
Body Binding: Maple Black
Soundhole Inlay: Abalone Black White
Body Finish: Gloss
Neck Finish: Matt
Electronics: SYSTEM70 TransAcoustic SRT Piezo Pickup
Controls: Reverb(Room/Hall) / Chorus / TA Switch / Line Out Vol
Connections: LINE OUT