- Branded Gig Bag included.
- Comes with original manuals, paperwork, and hang tag.
- Has extremely light and minimal pick scratches on pickguard. No other wear on the entire guitar. Guitar was purchased brand new and traded a month later.
- More information and pictures available upon request.
- Sold As-Is. Ask questions before purchase.
In the early 1970s, Martin Guitar was commissioned to design an all-black lacquered D-35 for country star Johnny Cash. Though Martin had never considered such a request before, an all-black D-35 for the “Man in Black” was custom-made. Cash went on to play his custom D-35 on stage for the next 20 years. In 2006, Martin released a commemorative D-35 Johnny Cash edition. New for 2019, the DX Johnny Cash is a nod to the history between Cash and Martin Guitar. Designed in collaboration with John Carter Cash and the Cash Foundation management team, the guitar features a classic Dreadnought body shape constructed with Jett black high-pressure laminate (HPL) top, back and sides. Like the earlier commemorative edition, this instrument includes a custom fingerboard inlaid with stars and the “CASH” logo. Johnny Cash’s signature appears on the rosette and label. This model comes with Fishman® MX electronics and a soft gig bag embroidered with the “CASH” logo and is strung with Martin’s Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings. The DX Johnny Cash was designed to be an accessible and playable guitar for anyone looking to honor the legacy of the legendary musician.